Any people here like Monty Python? Or other British humour? Entertainment and Hobbies Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 09:30 AM

It's hard to find someone who loves horses, and loves British humour!! Be it Monty Python, Blackadder, Britcoms, Eddie Izzard, etc. I'd like to find someone who does so we can talk! Maybe there is a British comedian you like that I've never heard of, let me know! I'd like to find a few Anglo-philes...
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 24, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Blackadder is Classic, all the series; Was Listening to the soundtrack of the Meaning of Life the other day, bought for one particular track which upset the Catholic Church (being raised Catholic means such things can have an irresistible attraction :-)); as is Red Dwarf; Fawlty Towers; Not to mention The Good Life, To the Manor Born; Waiting for God; Are you Being Served; The Young Ones;
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2007 at 09:56 PM

I love Keeping Up Appearances and aspire to be Hyacinth in about 30 years!

Red Dwarf was great, as is Coupling (I believe they tried to make an American version of the show, but it tanked)Blackadder is a perennial favorite, as is Are You Being Served!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2007 at 02:22 AM

I like:

Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere (Peter Kay & Paddy McGuiness). They also did Phoenix Nights.

Little Britain.

Catherine Tate.

Enjoy!
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Yes gotta love monty python! the parrot sketch gets me every time, but Black Books is my all time fav british comedy series! Anyone else know what im talking about?
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 10, 2007 at 04:30 AM

Love english comedy, not usually the slapstick type, but there are exceptions{fawlty towers}, I usually like the dryer type of humour, the ones that you have to actually watch to GET the one liners.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 09, 2007 at 06:26 AM

Yeah I know, some Americans just aren't intelligent enough to get, dry, witty humour from across the pond! Thankfully I was brought up watching Monty Python(edited for a while though), and other British comedians. I'm glad my mother did so! Do you have a particular favorite?
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 07, 2007 at 04:55 PM

A Fish Called Wanda. I know it seems silly, but I love that movie. None of my friends get it, but I crack up each time I watch it. I'll have to look for those other ones. But I do love Monty Python. My friends and I used to re-enact the Knights Of Nee all the time. Lol
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 09:33 PM

Can you get more anglo-philic than an english man himself? ;)
    Unfortuntaly some of the best British comedies never make it to the US screens (Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf to name a few). Fortunatly we outgrew Benny Hill a long time ago, although you wouldn't guess it if you've ever seen BBC America!
    'The Office' is originally a British comedy series that has been remade over here in the US, however I haven't seen much of wither to make much comments or comparissons. I've seen some other British series that have been remadenfor US audiences - I have to admit that I haven't been too impressed as they seem to dumb down a lot of stuff. It seems that the US broadcasters think the dark Brit Humour would be too much for over here :(
Follow - email me when people comment