Australian Riders Friendship

• View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2006 at 03:59 PM

Where r all the ozzy riders?
    This site is a bit slow but has great potential.
    would love to hear from other aussie horse lovers who just like to get out there & ride into the sunset

Members Only

• 23Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 13, 2007 at 02:40 AM

Hey Im an Aussi rider too!!

Im mainly an Eventer, cant get enough jumping, my horse and i love it!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2007 at 03:58 PM

Hi Cherylane,
    I am new to horses, well 5 years, compared to your 4 generations.... I bought "problem" horses to learn from and am now stuck after a few difficulties starting out a previously untouched 4 yo stallion.... Would love to chat re natural or non-force methods. I am near Scone at present. Regards, Chris.
  • View author's info Posted on May 18, 2007 at 05:47 AM

Hey there
    I've just joined as well, so still finding my feet...not really getting how this site works, but sure ill get the hang of it!

Gotta love those sunsets!

I guess im looking for a penpal, friend, someone who i can give a yell to when something comes up that is exciting in the horse world. Does anyone else ever get rolling of eyes whenever horses are brought up in convo? Would love to hear from anyone that would just like a chat!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2007 at 03:14 AM

Hi, groovy pepper, shame you don't live closer, we have more horses than we can ride at the moment and it would be great to have another rider handy.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 15, 2007 at 01:02 PM

G'day,
    Well Riding into the sunset sounds like a whole lotta of fun for me. Actually any riding that is. Unfortunaley I'm "horseless", Yet I can still dream. I'm one of those people who get excited when I see a car towing a horse trailer on the roads. Ok so I'm different.Been on this site for awhile, havent visited as much as I'd like too. And yeah this site could have potential.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 07, 2007 at 03:55 AM

Hi, I'm an aussie rider, love to make some new friends to ride into the sunset with , but it is'nt easy when you've been a widow for many years and concentrating on your kids, cant wait for teampenning to start for the year and for trailriding to kick off again when the weather cools, happy trails, see ya!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 08, 2006 at 06:24 PM

Hey all, I just joined, another Aussie...altho I seem to be the only Tassie girl! Cant say Ive done the whole ride into the sunset thing - Im usually riding at sunup or after sundown these days! Not anymore now Ive finished school - taking a year off to work and sell my youngsters and expand my teaching a bit!
    Tho Im not following the way this site works as yet (been her about 10 mins) seems to be an "email me" thing, as opposed to "lets all chat on a forum" thing...am I right there?
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 27, 2006 at 04:11 PM

Well, guess I will have to add my bit.
    Im aussie, Live in queensland along the coast, own 6 horses (2 standardbred,stocky, AQH,and 2 minutures) dont got no young ones but have a LAB pup (not as much work as kids though) and im looking for either a pen pal or buddie of some sort. give us a yell. look forward to it.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 20, 2006 at 12:23 PM

I am out here too, Mid north coast of NSW these days but lived all over. Always keen for a chat and to make new friends. PoloX people especially :-)
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2006 at 01:06 AM

Hi all,

Yes there are plenty of ozzies all over, but some I believe some are a little freaked out by the whole inet thing - especially blokes (take note of how many females have responded to males to the convos!) - some excluded of course!
    Spread the word and keep riding all.
    Cheers Cath
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2006 at 03:30 PM

Have just joined the site too, to meet new friends and chat online to other horse minded people. Live in Sydney and have 3 children, 2 horses and a pony. Love my dressage and trail riding.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 13, 2006 at 07:45 PM

Hi stablemann

Thank you so much. My young brother ask me about that. Great.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 11, 2006 at 06:03 PM

I am an Aussie rider too
    I live in Vic and am an eventer and showjumper(Dressage is to hard)
    Dont know if i have a horse that would do the sunset thing will have to see if l can borrow one
    Well look at my profile and say gday if you wanna
    Hey Daisy2000 l can only think Walk Trot and Canter l spose you could add Gallop but i not sure if it counts as a pace
    Is Pace a pace??
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 11, 2006 at 02:32 AM

Well, I have just joined. I have a very quiet thoroughbred gelding and am attempting to get back into Dressage after many years out of the saddle.
    I live in Redcliffe in Queensland but at the moment my horse is at Toogoolawah and I am looking for agistment in the Caboolture / Redcliffe areas, if anyone knows anybody. Meanwhile, I am just chasing friends to talk about horses and someone to ride with when I get everything sorted.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 06, 2006 at 07:49 PM

what are the horse's 4 paces? Can you help
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 04, 2006 at 05:05 AM

Howdy, Another Aussie saying hi! I'm on a sheep station in SA but travel a bit and have daughters in Melbourne, Coffs Harbour and Brisbane. I have recently acquired a QH x thoroughbred geld. 16hh. which I am going to retrain using Natural Horsemanship and hope to use him as a trail horse and a bit of western. Im a bit isolated at present but am enjoying time with my new horse. Nice to hear from other horse people. Cheryl

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on May 29, 2006 at 05:55 AM

well im an aussie rider! im in ipswich area, always looking for sum1 to ride with no matter wat the age or the gender! drop me a line if y ou want!
  • View author's info Posted on May 18, 2006 at 03:54 AM

I hope more horse people get onto this. I know its a dating site so hope to find nice people here with something in common. Spead the word. Lifes a ball.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on May 13, 2006 at 06:49 PM

Hi, Aussie horse lover here!!
    I have arabian/pintos and I am a try hard dressage rider(I do try very hard).
    I found this site last night an was looking for a new friend(s) and maybe someone to ride with.
    Sunsets are something I haven't done for a while

Members Only