Just a horse Funny jokes and anecdotes

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 03:44 PM

JUST A HORSE

From time to time, people tell me,
    "lighten up, it's just a horse,"
    or," that's a lot of money for just a horse".

They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my
    saddest moments have been brought about by "just a horse," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to
    overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So, for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams
    of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
    "Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a horse" just smile, because they "just" don't understand.
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Apr 16, 2010 at 08:08 PM

Excellent, points well made. :)
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2010 at 01:36 AM

That's Just really Good!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 28, 2010 at 09:23 AM

I still think ur "just a horse" post is one of the best ever written.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM

awesome!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I loved what you wrote........brought a tear to my eye thinking of how horses have brought so much to my life.........and they ask so little in return.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 22, 2007 at 09:31 PM

This pretty well says it all. I just copied and emailed to all my riding buds. Thanks for sharing.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 12, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Well said !!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 08:36 PM

I have confidence that what you say will happen, just sometimes we can be a little impatient. At least it gets me to work harder. My plans are actually progressing nicely so I don't think it will take to long to have a much improved lifestyle. Oh about the pics, They removed them after I added a couple new ones. I wanted something more than me beach bumming in Belize. What a great couple weeks that was.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 03:37 AM

btw wheres your pic? Chiccas need to see who they are looking at and looking for.
    Get yer pic back on there!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 03:36 AM

You will van. Took a while for God to bless me with my own, my very own, not leased/borrowed/rented/stolen etc (j/k on the stolen part)
    I learned avaluable lesson...I was supposed to wait for it wasnt my timing but Gods. Just like with the man thing, not my timing but Gods. Things happen when they are supposed to not just when we want, that is like a bonus feature.
    Somewhere there is a horse waiting for you, he or she may not even be born yet but they will ocme into your life when you least expect it. Just like with the perfect mate. (I so have faith in that one) My horse is my soulmate for now until mr right comes along. then he has to become soulmate number 2. (well so long as they are both in the top two I guess my 15.1 hand owner of a piece of my heart could be numero uno huh?)
    Everyday is like a new blessing with my horse. He is amazing to say the least. he snuggles my neck when I am crying, he plays tag when he knows my mood is a happy one, he knows to steer clear when I am mad and then he does something to get me unmad at whatever I was mad at. I so love my horse. I love all my animals but he is my guy. That is why whomever I let into my heart will have to love horses, kids and other critters as much as I do because they are a part of me.
    So be patient, God is far from finished with designing your life. A horse is waiting for you.
    take care my friend,
    melissa
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Really nice post, I'm looking forward to some of those experiences.