Why can't people be more honest? Message board

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 10, 2006 at 04:34 PM

Hey, I've done this online dating thing about 2yrs now and it seems that some people want honesty but lie in their own profiles. Hey, I look at it like this: I'm me and you see my profile and that's who I truly am. You know, if things go well you will eventually meet up with someone and then they find out that you've been lying.....
    Just be honest!!! Stop the Game Playing!! I myself want a man who is honest, loves horses and trail riding and we will see where it goes from there!
    Hey people..... what's your opinion?

Members Only

• 13Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2012 at 09:18 PM

hey have to say i had to look at your profile to bad you are  on teh other side of the world from me  hope you find what you are looking for
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2010 at 05:50 PM

Gday, you must of MISSED my profile, I am the MOST honest person you will ever meet. I dont BS, beat around the bush, I tell it as it is, I tell you what I think NOT what you always want to hear because Im up front and tell it as I see it, and you CANT get any more honest than that. Im a OPEN book with NOTHING to hide, I do NOT pretend to be someone OR something Im not. You can call me.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2009 at 11:11 PM

humm good question i hope you hang in there...
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 14, 2009 at 03:19 AM

When it comes to lying it is not a Male only fault, i have tried a few dating sites and found that lies are a equal opportunity employer.
    Best to find out sooner rather than later that they are a lying sob cause you can look for someone else.
    Just remember do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    And happy hunting.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2008 at 06:34 AM

This online dating is a challenge. I have been doing it a few years now on another site. There is certainly a learning curve! Now I am much better at it and can sort through the profiles easier. If you really want to see what someone looks like, ask them to show you on a web cam. You can get those web cams at Walmart for around $40. That way you will know exactly what the person looks like. Of course, the rest of the profile might be untrue. LOL

The good news is that most of the profiles are real. This site is growing more each day. As a result more people will be coming in to play, find friendship, and hopefully...love.

Their our people posting on both the blogs (they are the same as the forums) Try playing in both worlds!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem in the past in some other website profiles. I am new at this site but it did not bring me anything good either. No answers from men when I write to them. It's very frustrating. And some people use the pictures of someone else who look good to put on their profile. It's disgusting.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 12, 2008 at 09:22 PM

LOL You are right. In purusing the members, I saw one lady who said something to the effect of.." I smoke! I drink! and I need to lose 30 pounds!" Now. I am not a man, I'm a woman and not LOOKING for women, but I did read a few women's profiles. I got a HUGE kick out of her. I think she was being as honest as they come. Kudo's for her. Can't recall her name, tho.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 14, 2007 at 03:41 AM

Thunderhawk write:
    I'm with you all the way Painthorsegal

It's unfortunate that you have to be careful everywhere you turn. Some of us just never qestion whether someone is telling the truth or not until we get slapped in the face with it. They never really seem to care a whole heck of a lot. This is always a frustrating subject for those that always want to take things at face value

Later

Bobby
    ThunderHawk

Re:

I think women have to be very careful in weaving out all the webb of deceit man can create... I think men aren't frank at all in telling the ladies what they are truelly seeking - their true motives and they seem to pick on women that seem sweet, naive, sincere... I guess they look like easy victims. So ladies beware and be carefull out there!! There are a lot of guys out there looking for easy and free fun so keep your eyes and mind open. Don't trust too fast and don't let a total stranger take advantage of you.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2006 at 06:50 PM

Hows about curvy, you have a waist....and full figured...probably not?

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 12, 2006 at 05:20 AM

So, what is the difference between full-figured and curvy, anyway? Just tryin to keep it real.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 11, 2006 at 11:47 PM

I'm with you all the way Painthorsegal

It's unfortunate that you have to be careful everywhere you turn. Some of us just never qestion whether someone is telling the truth or not until we get slapped in the face with it. They never really seem to care a whole heck of a lot. This is always a frustrating subject for those that always want to take things at face value

Later

Bobby
    ThunderHawk
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 11, 2006 at 05:38 PM

and had a picture that confirmed this...from 10 years ago! He was overweight and bald! Just be honest!! If you don't have a recent picture, say so! If your stomach sticks out past your belt buckle, you're not athletic and toned! If you're hairline starts behind your ears, your balding. Guys...it's ok! Being dishonest is a much bigger turnoff than a receding hairline.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2006 at 07:23 PM

If I'm lying - I'm dying!