New to the herd My favorite horse ! Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 30, 2006 at 07:33 PM

hey everyone, I am just new on here, and I am looking for some advice. I just recently bought my FIRST horse.. she is green, however she is getting some work on her. I am still nervous of her... I am hoping someone can give me some advice on owning a horse that is green! thanks so much

heather

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Hello.
    Get the book that Leslie Desmond wrote with Bill Dorrance. Riding though Feel I think.
    It gives you some basic excercises and training advice for new horse handlers and us oldies..

There is a very fine line between being nervous and being excited. I would say find a trainer, read alot, listen a lot, and get to know your oss!
    But beware of 'helpfull' people who are out to make a name for themselves at others' expense. And lastly if it doesnt feel right, Dont do it! Look for other ways. They are out there.
    Best regards from England.
    And Good Luck.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 16, 2006 at 09:17 PM

listen to the advise from jazzie??? she has it right one fact a green person should not but a green house with out a professional trainer to help teach both horse and rider...fuzzyone
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2006 at 01:35 PM

Hi
    It is always a good idea to pay an experienced horse person to ride your green horse on for you and then to give you lessons weekly and before you know it you will both be old hands!!
    Have fun that is always the most important thing to remember.
    Jazzes
Follow - email me when people comment