Anyone intrested in riding trails in northern Col front range on sundays this summer? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 23, 2006 at 03:15 PM

Been lookin for folks for the last 2 years. I am genuinely surprised that I have yet to find a taker. But here it is there is a group of us who work for a dude ranch in the Rawah mountains in Col just south of Laramie WY. We get just Sundays off and would love to hook up with anyone who has a horse and saddle and could join us to ride anywhere nearby. Give a holler if the idea strikes ya... Oh ya, we don't see snow like that in my pic in the summer.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2007 at 05:23 AM

Sounds nice hope we see you. The Rawah ranch (and kevin the rawah wrangler) is known by most of the folks at woods landing. The Rawah ranch, where I have worked since 98 was built in the 50's and I've worked for several of the local ranches and outfitters since 93.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2007 at 09:33 PM

Used to live in Laramie and have ridden in the Woods Landing area a couple of times. Pretty country, good riding. Maybe if I get that direction this summer I will catch up with you. :)
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 21, 2007 at 03:28 PM

Sorry I was off line all this past summer and never saw this post. Yep distance like that is always a problem with horses... long way to trailer thats for sure. I used to trailer out here every summer from Wisconsin. But then my ponies had a few weeks off before I had to put them to work out here. Hope you found some good folks to ride with this past year anyhow. Maybe you'll find a way out this way some day.
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2006 at 09:01 PM

Hey, Gabriel--I'm really close to your area, and am always looking for fun trail riding buddies.

Maybe if we hit it off we could head to Colorado this summer and ride with Kevin!

Kevin, I spent a summer as a wrangler at Peaceful Valley (on Star Route, close to Estes Park) many years ago and have never worked harder, or had more fun in my life.

Wish diesel wasn't so darn expensive, I'd love to meet up with you for a Sunday or two. I have a good gelding and an even better mule. ;)

Therese
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2006 at 09:09 AM

Where you live isn't nearly as important as being able to ride here on Sundays when we have our day off to ride on our own. The mountains here are beautiful and wonderful to ride in. Love showing them off... pretty much what we do for a living.

Nice talking to you, hope to hear from you again. kevin
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 11, 2006 at 07:23 AM

I would love to take this offer on. How about if i am a little bit out of the area. I always wanted to visit Colorado and ride there. I hear ed it is a great area.
Follow - email me when people comment