My favorite horse My favorite horse ! Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 13, 2006 at 07:47 PM

Definitely Quarter Horses, I also love lipizzaners, they are beautiful, incredible
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 80Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 08, 2012 at 02:29 AM

My favourite horse is definately the shire. My mares are so trusting and the foals are so easy to handle in comparison to the stb, and warmbloods that I have had in the past.
    The picture is of last years mare and filly.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2012 at 08:53 PM

Favorite horse hmmm thats hard i like all breeds but when i think of my favorite horse it would have to be a appy names pearl rose i resuced  she was in real bad shape and in 3 yrs i brought her back to show  form. but RIP  she  has now crossed the rainbow bridge  she was iin pasture and triped causeingher knee to buckle and  what i feared the most happened she could never be rode again so at age 24 she was put to rest and buried in her favorite sleeping spot in teh pasture.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 08, 2011 at 06:40 PM

My favorite are mules. They are the best of two equines. They are wonderful animals. Friendly, smart, smarter then some of the owners, smooth to ride. Don't get me started for AI could write a lot about my mules. No they are not prefect, neither are horses and people.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 16, 2011 at 05:42 PM

i love my appaloosas and my arabian cross. You can put them down all you want but i only want appaloosas arabians or morgans.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 10, 2010 at 06:17 AM

While a TB getting the least caught up in a fence or other may break
    2 legs and or neck, a warmblood thinks through things, then acts,
    never overreacts like TBs. The shire much stronger and also more agile than shorter, stockier cousins, Clydes. Ask any Bud wagon
    diver what 2 horses he has next to wagon doing all the work---most
    all sneak in two English Shires. We've loaded 20 while friend
    still loading (trying to ) her "beloved, well behaved" tb. We do cross them, get size, strength and smarts of shire, and gain agility
    from TB. They are the largest breed but find a smaller one and I
    found there is little I want to do that I could not do on full shire.
    Will ditto others comments on mules---may be even smarter. First time
    on one, I had him spinning, dancing in 2 mins, doing things I had never had tried, truly amazing, aske them, they will do it. Sometime
    takes lil "splaining" as smarter than most hanging around barns--shows, "you want to finish there? why the hell then are we going around these dumb cones or penants? Mule may go straight to finish line much like a Great Pyrenees Dog who move entire herds of sheep
    to other side of mtns sensing bad weather. I bought one $100+ bed, for 3-4 days looked at it but always stayed between me and front door. Finally realizing it, i pulled the curtains behind that comfy bed , there was sliding glass door to patio--I opened it.
    Now having 2 doors to protect --she flopped in her new bed like lil kid. Big breeds, bigger brains.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM

My favorite horse is by far a race horse. Ive been around them since i was five. They are smart, fast, and beautiful.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Warmbloods, the bigger the better ... with a good shot of blood to inject a bit of temperament.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM

hi im new here.i hope its ok to just but in like this.

the first horse i ever had the pleasure of saddeling up and riding was a 17 hand high,or 14 i cant remember,black tennessee walker with a small white patch on his fore head. i fell in love with him and from that day on i loved horses.he was a gated walk because he was a former show horse and he allways wanted to take off running but my mother was to afraid to let him do that.she was a little to protective of me.it started raining one day when i was viseting him so mom said i had to ride inside the stalls or in the hallways of the barn so i just decided to let her ride and boy was that a memory ill never forget.the horse took off down the hall like a streek of lightning and mom was bouncing all the way with him.it was sceary at the time but allso funny to watch her funne facal expressions.

well i think iv ranted enough.i allways seem to type just a little to much.i allso love clidesdales and arabieans.i tend to love the lardger breeds more because,well lets face it,im not exactly a peteet little ballarena.i need a bigger horse than others but thats fine by me because the biger thay are the more of them there is to love.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 08, 2010 at 04:33 PM

nice mare really nice build
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 22, 2010 at 08:43 PM

I have a rare golden palamino with a brown dorsal srip on her back
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2010 at 03:32 PM

I'm a draft man myself. And I rather fond of Percherons
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2010 at 09:30 PM

I have quarter horses and a paint. I love all horses!! I must say though paints are a pain to keep clean when you are showing them! Especially when they have lots of white!! And blue shampoo is expensive! LOL!!!
  • View author's info Posted on May 10, 2010 at 06:04 AM

Quoting author:

Really any and all. They are amazing animals. I love a horse that is kind and gentle, willing and has a little go. But one that is easy to work with. Ive own TB, QH, Arabs, Paints and Perches. I Love my paint mare the most.

yeah...I love them all as well... I have too many faves to list
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I would have to say my favorite horse would have to be a quarter horse or an appaloosa. We raise both and they are very intelligent. I have had a few crazy ones though, I guess there are some in every bloodline.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2010 at 09:51 PM

tennesse walkers and belgiams

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 28, 2010 at 09:58 AM

Yep i gots respect for the mutts or the grade horses too. In my life expirence (so far) i have witnessed time after time that a grade or a one- eyed horse can beat any competion well bloodlined horse out there! Still gots love for the quater horses, paint- breeding stocks, and of course the mustangs. Of course in my lifestyle certian breeds are impratical cause I love all horses even the lil squirts (ponies) On the ranch I grew up on no time for pets but along with my other horses for speed events and ranch work I was allowed to have this one pony she was a golden palomino. I rode her everywhere none of the saddles or bridles fit her so i rode her bareback with baling twine. I would ride her to check fence, gather wild cows, track bulls, break trail... she never gave up or stopped if anything she had the most heart in that lil body then anything. I am really glad I was able to expirence that. At the end of the day she'd be lathered in sweat and still want more. She didn't have one mean bone in her body wasn't stubborn or onery or spoiiled she was truly a credit to her bred.(shetland)
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM

My favorite has always been the Friesian until one day I came across the Fell Pony and fell in love (no pun intended) Lily is everything I could have ever asked for in a horse so far and I'd like to find a way to do more to get this wonderful breed recognized... I also love the Lipizzaner's, Gypsy's, Paints and have always loved the beautiful arabian's grace and soft eyes (especially after seeing ones that are level 3 in natural horsemanship - they keep their spirit and yet have so much respect for the rider)

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 08, 2009 at 04:48 PM

Im pretty partial to my foundation quarters but i also have a kiger mustang that is a nice saddle horse.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Love the PMU Belgium adoption stories. I have had the pleasure of meeting two of these unfortunate victims who found great homes. What wonderful animals they are and such loving dispositions considering their starts in life. I am so relieved that they offer the foals for adoption instead of destroying them as they used to. Kudos to you for opening your home and heart!

Follow - email me when people comment